Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Springtime Wreath out of Closet Hanger and Scraps

Hello! Today I want to share a project that again cost me nada! I LOVE these types of projects! It's a cute Springtime wreath I made using a closet hanger and some scraps of fabric ... oh and I used a little ribbon to make a cute bow! 


Here it is! Do you like it?!




Ok - here's what you will need: Wire hanger, fabric (I used part of an old curtain and some other scraps), ribbon, and hot glue


Step 1: Curve the wire to create a circular shape like so:



Step 2: Take your fabric and just start wrapping it around the wire hanger. I took a few pieces about 8 " x 48" each, and folded them in to create a thicker piece and then just continued to wrap it around until it looked nice and pretty even in width.


Here it is after a few times. Sorry for the color differences - not sure what was up with my camera!


Last: Create different "rosettes" by hot gluing scraps of fabric in a circular motion, twisting the fabric as you glue it around. I apologize for not taking pictures of the method used. Add a satin ribbon bow to finish the look, and wrap some pretty ribbon to the hanger portion, and put it on the front door!


Super cute and perfect for Spring! Thanks for sharing!
  
I'll be linking  up here!

6 comments:

  1. I love that this cost your Nothing! You had everything on hand and worked this wreath and made it adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever this is and it costs nothing! A great way to make good use of what you already had. This is too cool.
    I found you on the Its so Cheri blog hop and am now following you and would love a follow back:)

    My Turn (for us)

    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Your Blog is lovely.
    I found you on Cheri’s Blog Hop Party… I am following you. Please follow me back.
    Thanks.
    http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously?! Using a closet hanger was such a great idea! We have so many from the dry cleaners that I never know what to do with them. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family. I can't wait to see your projects from this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Thanks for linking up to my party Sunday Round Up and for following. I'm happy to follow your cute blog.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, and who would of thought of using a coat hanger, we all have those around. If I had thought of it it would of saved me some trips to the craft store. Very resourceful, and lovely! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...