Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Little Felt Monster for my Boy!

I saw this mini-monster project on One Artsy Mama's blog and immediately thought it was the most adorable thing ever! I asked my son if he wanted one, and of course he excitedly said "YES"!


I had everything on hand minus the eyes (picked up at Joann's for $0.49) so this was a super affordable project!


Here is what you will need:



Felt for monster and any extras (mouth, etc.)
Thick thread and needle (actually I ended up using a slightly thinner white thread)
Scissors
Googly eyes
Hot glue
Stuffing (I used stuffing from an old pillow)

Step 1: Cut out your monster shape. My son wanted arms, so we came up with this. You'll need two layers. I just stacked two pieces of felt on top of each other and cut while layered. I also used softer felt material (the kind to make a blanket) - I just had this on hand.


Step 2: Sew the edges but leave an opening at the bottom wide enough to stuff it! This took the longest - about 10 - 15 minutes. It will depend based on the size of your monster.


Step 3: Flip the monster inside out (thread still in tack).


Step 4: Get to stuffing! Make sure your little helper gets some action on this part!


Step 5: Sew up the bottom - no special technique used here. It's a monster so no need to be a perfectionist! :)


Step 6: Decorate as you see fit! I glued the eyes on with hot glue, made some teeth and a mouth out of felt and tada!


Step 7: Enjoy your new little monster pal!



Thanks for sharing! And thanks again One Artsy Mama for the inspiration!


I will be linking up here!



and here!

14 comments:

  1. Cute Cute Cute! And look at the adorable boy smile! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE how yours turned out!! I am SO glad you shared this with me. The face is too adorable, as is your son! Love it...did I mention that? :) Sharing on my FB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE!! New Linky Follower here!! Would love to have you follow back...and 1. Link up your blog on my "Blooming Blogs" Blog Hop and Link up your cute projects to my "Homemade By You" link party on Wednesdays! Glad I found your site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jesse! Thanks for the link up. I'm your newest Linky!

    robin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and adorable. I'll have to try this out with my little ones. I just became your newest linky follower. Would love it if you would check out my site.

    Happy blogging,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! My two year old was looking over my shoulder earlier and eyeballing him. Thank you for sharing at Whimsy Wednesday over at The NY Melrose Family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute...the monster AND the kid!

    I just started following (found you via pincusion creations)...would love if you'd check out my blog and consider following back!

    -Alisha @ SnugasaBugBaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Love it! thank you for sharing at Uncommon! bonnie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Love the big smiles on BOTH faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The monster really is cute, but your little steals the show. They both have such a great smile! Love the teeth on both. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! I should make one of these for Logan!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is cute, I pinned it and plan to make it. I just love felt! Thanks for sharing on Made for You Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...