Thursday, February 9, 2012

Make Cute Pen Holders in 5 minutes!

After making the cute hair accessory holder the other day, I realized that I needed to start taking steps to becoming more organized in my home. My scrapbook/art/office supplies are getting quite out of hand!


I decided to quickly make these pen/paintbrush holders with a few more cans I had saved away. Seriously it is taking me longer to blog this than it did to make them! :)



You will need some scrapbook paper, a couple of old cans (ones which held veggies or fruit), a hot glue gun and glue sticks and scissors.


Step 1: Pick the scrapbook paper of your choosing and cut the paper to size (height to fit the can).

Step 2: Heat up your glue gun, and start gluing the paper onto the can. I usually put the glue on in segments so it doesn't dry up before I can "roll" the paper onto the can. I do this to try to eliminate glue bubbles and lumps.


Once you are finished with that, your new pen/paintbrush/whatever holders are finished! You can keep decorating how you like, but in my case, this was good enough! Baby steps, but I'm going to get organized slowly but surely!





2 comments:

  1. Thx! Im totally going to use ur basket idea too! Ill link to ur blog when I do :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...